What are Child Care Nurse Health Consultants?
A child care nurse health consultant works with child care providers to promote the health and safety of children in the child care setting. These consultants can provide expert guidance and technical assistance on a wide range of health and safety topics.
Child care nurse health consultants have the training to access appropriate resources to assist child care providers in successfully including children with special health or medical needs.
West Virginia currently has three child care nurse health consultants who are available to assist child care providers across the state.
How Can Child Care Nurse Health Consultants Help Me?
- Help providers develop strategies for caring for children with special health needs
- Develop or update health and safety policies for child care providers
- Provide health education and wellness programs
- Provide up-to-date information on the latest guidelines, policies and information regarding child health and safety
- Offer support through telephone consultations or on-site visits
- Conduct child care staff training
- Provide Medication Administration Training
- Provide communicable disease information
- Develop health care plans for children with special needs
- Provide health and safety education for parents and children
How Can I Contact a Child Care Nurse Health Consultant?
- Glenna Bailey RN, MSN
Serving the Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies in the southern part of the state. These include:
Link, Connect and MountainHeart South counties of: McDowell, Mercer, Monroe, Summers, Raleigh, Fayette and Wyoming.
611 Seventh Avenue, Suite 322
Huntington, WV 25701
Phone: (304) 529-7603 - (888) WVECTCR
Cell Phone: (304) 972-6300
Fax: (304) 529-2535
- Sarah Hicks RN, BSN, CLS
Serving the Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies in the eastern part of the state. These include:
MountainHeart North and MountainHeart South counties of: Greenbrier, Pocahontas, Nicholas, Webster and Braxton.
8 Memorial Drive
Parsons, WV 26287
Cell Phone: (304) 972-6200
Fax: (304) 529-2535
- Heidi Zbosnik RN, BSN
Serving the Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies in the northern part of the state.
309 Cleveland Avenue, Suite 209
Fairmont, WV 26554
Phone: (304) 366-3615
Cell Phone: (304) 710-9065
Fax: (304) 366-3018